[ExI] Things going badly for Boeing Starliner, launch delayed indefinitely

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Aug 15 15:55:24 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Things going badly for Boeing Starliner, launch delayed indefinitely

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021, 5:54 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Adrian note the contrast with how Elon Musk is doing his launcher business.

>…You do recall why you need not tell me this, yes? ;)

Ja.  The rest of our list is free to inquire of either of us.  8^)

Spacex and CubeCab shoulda happened 30 yrs ago.  There is no way a business can be competitive if it has its primary customer demanding that it hire this many Ls, this many Bs, this many Gs, this many Ts, this many of this gender, this many of that flavor, located in these states, all of them unionized, etc.

A business must be able to hire the best people in the discipline in which it competes, regardless of other considerations.  Who one sleeps with is not a job qualification.  Eventually Spacex will eat Boeing’s lunch, and hungry upstarts such as CubeCab will eat Boeing’s dessert.