[ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 16 14:17:43 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

Possibly they rationalized that most of the money does not go to the
artists anyway, and that by chipping away at entrenched publishers they were hastening the day when artists get a better deal.
*\\*  Anton Sherwood

This, in an odd way, reminds me of throwing the baby out with the bath water.  Let's get rid of the bad guys, but hurt the good guys at the same time.   bill w

We can see the likely result of widespread file copying: the rise and continued popularity of rap.  The other popular genres generally require a band or group of talented musicians working together.  The overhead is enormous.

Rap requires only one person.  Background sounds are public domain.  There are few or no musical instruments required.  If music is freely downloaded, we need music that is very nearly free to create.  Rap is free.  Piracy gave us rap.