[ExI] 'Copyright' (Was: Re: to my fellow renaissance life forms)

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:16:52 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 11:39 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 1:59 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <
>
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:46 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

>>> Not currently, no. It took all that Disney had to de-age Mark Hamill for
>>> the Mandalorian finale and even that wasn't very convincing. We still can't
>>> convincingly animate a person talking.
>>>

>> The first such efforts would be 3D animated movies, of course.  Pixar has
>> people talking in them all the time, and their animations are good enough.
>>

> OK, so right now a Pixar movie is created by a large number of creatives:
> writers, directors, animators, composers, musicians, voice actors, etc.
> What a single person could right now wouldn't be comparable to that.

Thus why I set the standards lower.  Not necessarily Pixar-grade, just
something that would entertain most people were they to see it.

> The tools will get better--probably to the point where a single person
> could animate an entire movie. That still leaves writing the story,

One person can do that.  Single-author novels have long been a thing.

> composing and performing the score,

Also already doable by single people.  One recent famous example is Toby
Fox, but he's far from the only person writing such length of scores solo.

> and doing the voice acting. Voice synthesis is also nowhere near ready to
> replace human voice actors.

Except that it is, in certain cases such as (again citing a famous example
but far from the only example) the Vocaloids.