[ExI] Johnson & Johnson booster shot increases antibodies to coronavirus nine-fold, company says

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:54:07 UTC 2021

"More than 14 million people in the U.S. received the single-dose Johnson &
Johnson vaccine. Today's data, taken from clinical trial participants,
suggests that a booster may be beneficial.

A booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine generated a nine-fold
increase in antibodies compared to the level seen 28 days after the initial
dose, the company reported in a statement
<https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-data-to-support-boosting-its-single-shot-covid-19-vaccine>.
The data is based on two small clinical trials conducted in the U.S. and in
Europe, and the company submitted the results, which haven't yet been
peer-reviewed, to the preprint database medRxiv.

"We have established that a single shot of our COVID-19 vaccine generates
strong and robust immune responses that are durable and persistent through
eight months," Dr. Mathai Mammen, the Global Head of Janssen Research &
Development at Johnson & Johnson, said in the statement. "With these new
data, we also see that a booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19
vaccine further increases antibody responses among study participants who
had previously received our vaccine."

Mammen added that they will discuss potential strategies for booster doses
with public health officials."

https://www.livescience.com/johnson-and-johnson-booster-increases-antibodies-covid.html