[ExI] OP-ED: The billionaire space race reflects a colonial mindset that fails to imagine a different world

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:14:54 UTC 2021

Vastly better quality of life?  Hah.  I cannot imagine living in space in
some rotating asteroid or totally manmade thing.  I am quite sure I would
not like it at all.  I want to look out the window and see a real sky and
dirt and trees and flowers and animals.  I don't want a high res image of
the sky - I want real sky.

I simply cannot imagine some tech being lost unless it is to a more
advanced tech.  I can imagine a future person having the ability to make
his own chips or just anything he needs just by pushing buttons.  What that
would do to the economy I don't have the imagination to predict.  I imagine
that in a 1000 years the individual will have tech at home that will make
what we have now look like cap pistols compared to nuclear bombs.  That
individual will make his own food, medicines and everything else he needs
or even wants.  Including people and pets.  Built to specifications of his
own.   Now we are talking about some real freedom.   bill w

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 2:25 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <