[ExI] OP-ED: The billionaire space race reflects a colonial mindset that fails to imagine a different world

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 00:34:53 UTC 2021

Look down at what you wrote:  lots and lots of words about
specifications of this and that and tiny bits about plants, vistas, trees
and dirt.  Hardly any color.  So people can tell that you are a tech person
and not a poet.  Or in other words, the way you wrote would be just about
the opposite of what you would want to present to prospects for living
there.  You want words like 'lush'.   What percentage of the ecology of the
earth could be represented?  Two of everything including microbes?  Two
kilometers is rather small.  The place needs different environments, such
as prairie and jungle.  Different seasons.

It could be very attractive to me if I had to leave Earth.  But it's kind
of like Disney World:  you know everything is fake in a way.  I would still
want to visit planets if I was on a habitat.  You have to realize that I am
difficult to please.  Look at what most people are happy with:  an 8 x 10
deck to plant a few ferns.  I have 100 roses.    Maybe I am just a bit
claustrophobic.   bill w

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 5:24 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <