[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 215, Issue 40

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:23:53 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 12:20 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> China and the rest of the world have just witnessed an astonishing display
> of the weakness of US military will and might.

If you're referring to the Afghanistan pull-out, I don't think it's a
display of weakness to realize you're in a war you aren't prepared to win.
And I support the pull-out. I just wish it had been handled better.

I don't think anyone really doubts our might: we have the numbers. But our
ability to commit, thankfully, has demonstrably been lacking for several
decades.

-Dave