[ExI] why the book is better

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Dec 13 18:30:49 UTC 2021

Many of us have heard people comment about books which have been made into
movies, or we viewed the film adaptations ourselves.  A nearly uniform
comment. (do I even need to say it?). the film was good but the movie was
better.

Ok.  Sure.  With very few exceptions, that is true.  But. why?

For the moment's let's skip over the fact that film is slow: you can't cover
much of a book in 90 minutes of drama.  Ignore that for a minute and focus
on why the written version just seems better than the drama version, even
given a cast of really good actors and a good script writer.

BillW?  Adrian, some of you insightful sorts, do offer a speculation please
if you have one.