[ExI] why the book is better

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:45:29 UTC 2021

On re-reading you noticed the mistake, eh?

Take the Tolkien books:  superbly written dialog, which the screenwriters
and directors decided to change (to justify their jobs and have some
creative input, I reckon).  But they were not in Tolkien's league, by far.
The book Film Flam was really eye-opening.  Larry McMurtry's books were
made into film and he hated all of them because they were extensively
re-written after he took the money.

I further suppose that the films were dumbed down to a 4th grade level
(which incidentally was the average reading score of the seniors at a local
high school).

Has anyone got good examples of films that were at least decently parallel
to the book?   bill w

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 12:34 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <