[ExI] covid origin

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Dec 17 00:12:09 UTC 2021

Back a coupla years ago almost, we were starting to hear of the novel flu
virus apparently coming from China, which caught my attention because I had
just gotten out of the hospital with a flu virus which didn't match any of
the known strains, and had contact beforehand with someone who had just
returned from China.

In about February 2020 the theory was being floated that covid-19 was an
engineered virus created in a research lab in China.  I commented at the
time in this forum that it sounded like a plausible theory to me.  It was at
that time considered a disreputable theory.

Yesterday the British parliament was told that a lab leak is the most likely
origin of covid.  This is an example of a theory which has grown from
ridicule to plausibility to general (even if not universal) acceptance in a
span of less than two years.  Theories usually take a human generation to
grow to acceptance.