[ExI] probability

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:01:20 UTC 2021

Spike - our college offered a statistics course in the Math dept. in
addition to the one I taught.  Talking with my friend who taught it, it was
all about equations and derivations and nothing at all about how to use or
misuse statistics.  Which he did not know anyway.

My point:  is Isaac getting the math end and the everyday use of
probability in real situations?  (and what grade is he in now?)   And do
you know if all schools in the district teach it?  Prerequisites?  I
suspect his course will be too hard for most students and so they miss the
practical applications of probability.  bill w

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <