[ExI] have we gone crazy?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:21:32 UTC 2021

Today in the NYTimes:
Another thing you don’t hear from Texas: a board of education voting — as
San Francisco’s just did
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/us/san-francisco-schools-lincoln-feinstein.html>
—
to strip the names of Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Paul Revere
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2021/01/27/san-francisco-votes-to-remove-founding-fathers-names-from-schools-at-up-to-1-million-in-taxpayer-expense/?sh=2bee0054354b>
from
their respective schools, on grounds of sinning against the more recent
commandments of progressive dogma.

Who will we kick out next:  Ben Franklin?  Who are to be our heroes - those
who never did anything the current culture disapproves of?  (just what is
Lincoln accused of, anyway?).

These things send messages to our children, but what, exactly, I am not
sure of.  That people have to be perfect by one standard - the current one?

Teachers, I think, are really not allowed to teach values:  that would let
in religion and parents don't want teachers to do that.  So if a student
asks why Washington is being tossed out, what are the answers going to be?
Kids will be confused - just like I am.

bill w