[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:37:37 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021, 10:34 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

> The moderation here is exceedingly light-handed. We don't want to exclude
> anyone from on-topic discussion. The problem with John was that he was a
> broken record, saying the same thing over and over and over again until it
> became abusive and drove off a number of valued contributors.

That problem... isn't really a problem.

Ours is an attention issue.  We are focused on John instead of
whatever-the-hell-it-was

We're still talking about John.  He's already gone away, defeated by a
totalitarian slant (whether objectively fact or subjectively perceived is
not a nuance I care about)

We've had automatic filters on message content in our inbox pretty much
since the dawn of email... but instead of taking responsibility for our own
inbox, we demanded that the listserv apply content restrictions on everyone.

You get the gist of what I'm saying? You don't like it? Block me from your
inbox and you'll never have to see my opinion again. However, if I use the
listserv and moderation to banish your thoughts from the group then I have
killed what I thought was a core philosophy of this group. At that point,
we're no longer Extropy-chat.