[ExI] and i don't even need a mortgage

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Feb 5 22:11:18 UTC 2021

....> On Behalf Of Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [ExI] and i don't even need a mortgage

On 2021-2-05 13:05, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> I have half a mind to find a way to do business with this company.
> They think like I do:
>
> *Ameriquest Don't Judge Too Quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8NRgWtPaE&feature=youtu.be
-
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

Anton this has been on my mind for some time.  I have watched over the past
coupla decades, since the internet grew up, as our collective attention span
has grown shorter and our ability to take in information at high speed has
increased dramatically.  One of the biggest problems I can see with old
movies, even ones that I really liked from a long time ago: the information
comes too slowly for modern sensibilities.

We have noticed there aren't many movies that are the old time three-hour
marathons.  If one goes to the theatre, they spend half an hour or more on
advertising other movies.  No deal!  Movies are shorter now and pack more
story into less time.

OK then.  Consider a new genre of short movies.  This is one I particularly
like, made by the son of my former colleague.  Twelve minutes, tells the
story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9cKFiCrSU

Kurt made a number of these, and all of them are this good.  He also made
some longer ones, but in general I like the whole notion of a video short.

If an advertisement can make me laugh, I will try to do business with
whatever company made that advertisement.