[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sat Feb 6 06:41:09 UTC 2021

On 2021-2-05 20:59, Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat wrote:
 > ### Yes, in Poland you do!
 >
 > Poland had an elective monarchy for more than two hundred years,
 > with noblemen and gentry (about 10% of the population) electing
 > a king for life.

The Holy Roman Emperor was elected by a subset of the princes; at one
point the electors were three archbishops and four kings, but I gather
that the franchise was extended some before the Empire was dissolved in
~1806.  In practice they nearly always elected a Habsburg, because no
one really wanted the job.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org