[ExI] [Extropolis] article

Henrik Ohrstrom henrik.ohrstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:42:24 UTC 2021

This is rather typical for a standard form antivaxx "article"
Its scientific value is highly negative, political value for whatever they
think they are gaining on this toxic crap is probably uncomfortable high :(
hydroxychloroquine has been tried and increase mortality.
What do reduce harm/mortality?
Suitable anti-inflammatory treatment, any kind of cortisone.
Dexamethasone/betametasone doesn't really matter, both work well. early
profylax/treatment against bacterial superinfection. High flow (heated and
moisturised ) nasal oxygen. Prone position. The USAian antibody treatment
that Trump et all received is extremely promising. Normal intensive care
when needed. Typical time on ventilator is 1-3 weeks. Mortality in
infection here in Sweden is down a lot compared to the spring 2020.
hydroxychloroquine have contributed exactly nothing positive to this what
so ever
Not reading this kind of malignant crap helps a lot.
Most of Corona transmission is nose-hand-nose but superspreeder events are
most probably airborne and masks protect there. For normal transmission not
so much but it's the superevent that will get you. (I use a mask when
suitable, not outdoors but in shops and confined spaces.)
Survival is all good but a covid infection might give you a permanent lung
damage even if you pass through well in all other aspects.
Despite all antivaxx propaganda, people are not falling down dead in heaps.
I have received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine (since I regularly have
ICU rotations) and have not fallen down dead yet. I will vaccinate my
children and my elderly parents against this pox too. Make what you want of
that info.

A pox on the antivaxxers. The article is not worth the electrons used to
read it.

/Henrik