[ExI] Fundamental Concept

Ben ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Feb 8 18:49:53 UTC 2021

> The group offered in my opinion, some good answers, especially,
>
>  1. Forgiveness 2) Access for all to unlimited resources.
>
> Some years ago, I started pondering why things are the way they are,
> why they aren’t better, and how we might change this. Initially I came
> up with about 10 items which I felt, if practiced, would eliminate
> strife and war. As I continued pondering, I added more to the list and
> then continued to drill down on each of them to reveal the most
> fundamental aspect of each. Many overlapped and some, if practiced
> would eliminate the need for others. I realized humanity would resist
> the most fundamental so, I looked for temporary solutions, and this
> added more items. Until recently I had 15 items. Of these, I felt the
> most fundamental one which could possibly be addressed, was our
> tendency to form groups (I’ve since come up with what I feel is a more
> fundamental concept which I will post later).
>
> From the draft of a webpage I plan to post:
>
> “2. INCLUSIVENESS - moving beyond WE vs THEY
>
> Banding together in a hostile world, we formed groups. Today, for the
> most part, our environment is no longer dangerous. The main exception
> comes from our own kind and springs from the exclusion of others, a
> self-perpetuating practice. If only we can see The Family of Man as
> one group, I believe it would be the end of most struggle, strife and
> war.”
>
> There is more to this of course. And from a practical point, people
> will resist giving up their group identity. I realize there are
> fundamental things driving the formation of groups (which I will post
> later).
>
> I am interested in your input.
>
> Ivor

There is another way that people can avoid banding together in mutually
hostile groups. The complete opposite of inclusiveness.
I can see that there is a problem in the whole of humanity dividing up
into groups, which then proceed to label all other groups 'other' and
therefore 'enemy'. There doesn't seem much prospect, though, of people
regarding themselves as belonging to one single, big, all-inclusive
group. The opposite is each person being a separate item, not needing to
band together with others into a defensive group.

There's no conflict, to my mind, in someone regarding themselves as a
lone individual, who belongs to no group except the giant group of 'all
lone individuals'. You can be your own person, but still be friends with
everyone.

The key to this, of course, is making the world non-hostile (hence no
benefit from less-than-all-inclusive groups). As it would result in a
non-hostile world, it seems to be a 'phase change' type of situation.
How we get from here to there, I have no idea. Parallels with strange
attractors come to mind. It's also probably incompatible with current
human nature.

--
Ben Zaiboc