[ExI] one and done

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Feb 23 13:40:19 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] one and done

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:44 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>….  It is safer for the person intentionally giving up her second dose to use that one someone else.

>…Counterpoint: there's enough mismanagement and rigid bureaucracy that there is a substantial chance that, if you try to waive your second dose, the dose that was reserved for your second will ultimately go in a dumpster, spoiled, and will not benefit anyone.

>…A high enough chance that you are actually safer getting your second dose.

I thought of that and have a solution: one must cancel her second appointment while still at the facility, right after getting the dosage.  Make up a cutesy name for a philosophy of One Dose Until Everyone Gets One: Oduego.  That can have the Hispanic spin on it or even Irish.  At the first appointment, tell them on the way out, they call me Spike O’Duego, I’m not coming back for the second appointment, so now you have two full weeks to find someone else who has not gotten one of these vaccines paid for by California taxpayers, and the so-called Governor will hear about it if you let these medications go to waste.