[ExI] Flying boats, finally.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 22:13:11 UTC 2021

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 17:52, Henrik Ohrstrom via extropy-chat

> https://youtu.be/VQUl_hf6yo8
>
> This reminds me of ideas about ground-effect flying boats that was "flying" around in the aerospace program at the royal school of technology in Stockholm in the early -90ies.
> I have to say, this works as opposed to the ground effect designs.
> Now, lets binge watch sailing, a sport that traditionally when it comes to visual action has been compared to paint drying competitions.
> /Henrik

I remembered seeing a modern ground effect flying boat on television.
A Singapore company is building them.  Video and photos available.

<https://www.wigetworks.com/>
<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5444107/Airfish-8-carry-8-passengers-water-120mph.html>

BillK