[ExI] Paranormal activity?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jan 1 16:20:27 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat

>...Photographic orbs are a well-known phenomena that have been around
almost as long as cameras. ... but people in the room don't see them. They
appear to move as the dust mote drifts around in the air near the camera.
This is one of many articles explaining what is going on--
<http://www.paullee.com/ghosts/orbs.html>

BillK

This can be demonstrated with the proper lighting and a roll of toilet
paper.  The material that settles on our furniture we call dust isn't really
dust for the most part in most parts of the country.  Places where it rains
often still have that phenomenon, even though rain knocks down actual dust
particles outdoors.  A lot of what we call dust is actually toilet paper
lint.  I saw a YouTube video where someone demonstrated jillions of these
linty particles go airborne every time you rip off a few in the bathroom.
This also explains why the bathroom gets linty faster than the more remote
rooms in the house.  If you wear cotton clothing, that contributes as well:
individual fibers from the cotton will constantly be breaking off and
floating about.

A near-field object in a camera lens can do exactly what John describes.  Of
course it could be the ghosts arranged for that explanation to cover their
evanescent tracks, the sneaky bastards.

Easy experiment: set up the camera which took the ghost images, set up
another camera right beside it with those modern nifty small apertures, like
the ones on your Apple phone, see if the ghost only appears in the large
aperture camera.