[ExI] geezer guard

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:48:28 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021, 4:33 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> Then again, no reason not to pursue many strategies here. And I would out
> all my eggs in the most radical approach. After all, promises of AI,
> nanotechnology assemblers, cheap fusion, space migration, uploading, etc.
> have been made over decades and not kept. So better to try many strategies
> in case the seemingly obvious radical ones don’t pan out before you
> (rhetorical) have a life-ending hip fracture. (From your comment, it seems
> you already agree.)

Absolutely. The prevailing wisdom is to do everything you can live long
enough to live forever.  I'm for slowing ageing. I'm for slowing life in
general.   Time enough for mindful actions could prevent falling down. Time
enough to consider long term consequences could prevent downfalls.