[ExI] Microsoft wants to reincarnate people as chatbots

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 02:28:15 UTC 2021

Hi Spike,
Ohhhhh thaaat!  Brilliant!
Thanks to you explaining this, I just added a new entry to my bucket list:
to start training such an abstract AI, before I die (And maybe leave a
small portion of my estate for seed money, in my will).  Not just leave it
to my kids to start it.  It really would be nice to have something like
that to talk to.

Now, if at least one experimentalists wold start reporting their results,
using more than one abstract word for all things red (i.e. not qualia blind
<https://qualia.insite21.com/survey/1584554976>) so they could discover
which of all our descriptions of stuff in the brain is a description of my
redness I'll be able to make something which can, like me, honestly answer
the question: "What is redness like for Brent Allsop?"

My bet is still that experimentalists will soon demonstrate (by simply not
being qualia blind <https://qualia.insite21.com/survey/1584554976>) that my
redness is simply a particular physical fact, like it could be that our
description of glutamate, reacting in a synapse, is a
description of Brent Allsop's redness.  Demonstrating such would
finally falsify all the (what I consider to be 'crap in the gap of our
qualia blindness theories') like the predictions that my redness is a
"functional fact" or a "spiritual fact".

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:48 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <