[ExI] labels

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jan 16 17:52:07 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat
…

Can you explain a position without using any labels?

>…Sure, you can explain your position(s)/belief(s). That can get wordy. I think it's probably better to stick to self-applied labels because when you pick a label for someone else they may disagree or consider it offensive.

-Dave

Ja, well said Dave.  It isn’t just that: in a changing world most people are a mixture of labels and can even legitimately have ones that are so incompatible as to be nearly mutually exclusive.  Human behavior doesn’t simplify to categories.  The notion of a political spectrum is broken beyond salvage.