[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 19:41:49 UTC 2021

 > On 2021-1-17 08:47, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:
 >>> Lest anyone forget/not know the nuance: Net Neutrality was a
 >>> standard that forced ISPs to allow all content to go through
 >>> equally, regardless of who owned who.

That is, ISPs were forbidden to prioritize the packets they relay
according to source.  Netflix, for example, could not buy preferential
access to make movies smoother.  (I have no idea whether they do.)

On 2021-1-17 11:14, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:
 > "Them/they" being the conservative legislators in this case,
 > not Amazon/Twitter/Facebook.

Are ISPs detecting conservative content and making it travel slower?
Are Twitter (etc) competitors that cater to conservatives being
throttled by ISPs?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org