[ExI] the science might be wrong

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:53:13 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 8:40 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Ja I hear ya Dave, but in this situation there is no side of caution.
> There isn’t even a middle of caution.  If government under-reacts, it might
> contribute to more spread of disease.  If government over-reacts,
> businesses fail, which causes lives to fail.  There is no side of caution
> there.

The side of caution is slowing the disease. Businesses failing sucks but
the fatalities don't compare with the potential of a pandemic.

>…Yea, but after we've digested this a few years, hopefully we'll be better
> prepared for the next pandemic.
>

> You are more optimistic on that than I am Dave.  Governments want to be
> our nannies.  They generally did a poor job on covid.  Now we don’t trust
> them.

Ha, ha! When I say "we", I'm not referring to the government, which never
fails to disappoint. I'm hoping that we, the people, will be better
prepared by better understanding and being skeptical of the government's
actions.

-Dave