[ExI] you can walk a cat, if he lets you

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jan 26 15:57:25 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

\

Anton there ya go, evidence of your cat's Siamese ancestry.  Reasoning: Siam is now called Thailand, which is predominantly Buddhist.  Buddhists have that hold sanctity of life thing going.  Your cat brought home a snake, then just couldn't devour it: his conscience bothered him.

It is easy to imagine: solid Presbyterian stock all the way back, exotic long-legged Siamese cat arrives in the neighborhood spreading Buddhism, the teenage tabbies are taken with him, convert, he takes advantage, leaves his DNA everywhere, skips town.  No point in blaming him really: they are just that way by nature, which is where we get the old saying about having the morals of an alley cat.

Buddhism has a strong version of the old Thou shalt not kill, while they kinda look the other way with the whole shalt not commit adultery business.  It's sorta the opposite of several other major religions which have it the other way around.  So your cat, being descended from that exotic seductively-peaceful vegan Siamese cat, repented after having slain the helpless little serpent, found his inner leaf-eater.