[ExI] robin hood steals from the poor protects the rich?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:08:11 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 6:29 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Adrian might know the real story.

Nope, sorry.  I heard something like that, but I haven't been tracking
Tesla closely until recently.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 7:04 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> I am willing to put up with a couple of dings here and there and maybe
> replace the floor mats.

You are.  Some aren't.  They can pay more for a new car, to compensate for
their more picky tastes.

There's also reputation: they think new cars are more reliable than used.
"Used car salesman" - someone who pushes lemons and tries to hide the lemon
nature - is a stereotype for a reason, though it gets exaggerated
(especially in states that enforce lemon laws).