[ExI] very stimulating

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 31 17:40:12 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 8:48 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>…600?  Some politician promised us 2000 of our own money, with 600 of our money going to dependent minors.  Didn’t those checks ever go out?

>…Just the $600s.  The Reoublicans blocked the larger amount, even though Trump himself was in favor of $2,000.

Some politician commented:  “If you send Jon and the reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door restoring hope and decency and honor for so many people who are struggling right now.  And if you send Senators Perdue and Loeffler back to Washington those checks will never get there.”

In response, Georgia elected Jon and the reverend.  So… where’s our money paid for by our money?  Was this a false promise?  I want my money, so I too can go chase naked short sellers out of town.

And by the way… did the senators and congressmen exclude themselves from receiving our money?  Or is not that a perfectly clear conflict of interest, to vote themselves and their families a big payday?  The government people never missed a single paycheck, they are not struggling right now, so it seems reasonable our money should go only to proles, none to government workers.