[ExI] read this, Henry

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 01:01:02 UTC 2021

One big problem with research on ADHD and autism is misdiagnosis,
especially false positives, and even what symptoms have to be there and how
severe they have to be.  A child I knew whom I considered a perfectly
normal, active boy, was diagnosed with ADHD and put on an antipsychotic
drug, which made him a zombie.. Working with psychiatrists I saw one
patient diagnosed schizo who was diagnosed by another as normal!!!  In
other words, there is a big problem with the reliability of the diagnoses
in these two disorders, and others.  Psychiatry is not a science (neither
is clinical psych).  They are arts.  Another example:  people diagnosed as
schizo here are liable to be diagnosed as manic depressive in Britain.

Still, that is an interesting study which will be followed closely.    bill