[ExI] autism continued

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 22:30:40 UTC 2021

Please keep in mind that the age at which a diagnosis is made may correlate
little with the appearance of the actual symptoms.  Notice in the study
that the stronger the symptoms the earlier the diagnosis.  I diagnosed a
case over the phone.  The baby was two.  Did not speak.  When you tried to
hold it he arched his back to reduce the contact.  I guess they thought he
would grow out of it.  Not that it made any difference in therapy,  The
outlook is grim for early infantile autism.

This baby could have been diagnosed at 6 months or earlier, I reckon.  bill