[ExI] [Extropolis] determinism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 01:28:26 UTC 2021

Whether a radioactive nucleus decays is fundamentally random: there is
nothing about the nucleus, its history, the environment that determines
whether it will decay or not in the next minute.

I have extreme reservations about whether they know all of this and even if
they know what to look for, or indeed have the tools to do so even if they
did.  To me and Einstein, random is just a word for our ignorance.  bill w