[ExI] unvaccinated

Anonymous Coward anonymous.c0ward at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:16:45 UTC 2021

> I read where the CDC is not telling us all the data. Whether that comes from a reliable source, I have no idea. I would like to know if anyone knows, just what the percentage of vaccinated adults have had serious side effects.

Data for children/young adults aged 12 to 25 is available from the CDC.

> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-06/03-COVID-Shimabukuro-508.pdf

Slide 8 shows a 0.5% to 0.6% ER/hospitalization from the first dose and a 0.7% ER/hospitalization rate from the second dose. If a child/young adult takes both doses, they have a 1.2% to 1.3% chance of hospitalization from a vaccine-induced side effect.

> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-06/05-COVID-Wallace-508.pdf

Slides 32, 33, estimate that for every 1 million inoculations, 215 hospitalizations are prevented for males aged 12 to 17 and 187 for females aged 12 to 17. This comes out to 0.0215% and 0.0187% risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 when not inoculated. For males aged 18 to 24, 530 hospitalizations are prevented, while for females aged 18 to 24, 1127 hospitalizations are prevented. This comes out to 0.0530% and 0.1127% respectively.

Therefore, males aged 12 to 17 face a (1.2% / 0.0215%) or 55.8 times greater risk of hospitalization from the vaccine than from a COVID-19 infection.

Females aged 18 to 24, face a (1.3% / 0.1127%) or 11.5 times greater risk of being hospitalized from the vaccine than from a COVID-19 infection.

> https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographicsovertime

These hospitalization estimates from COVID-19 are based on May 2021 prevalence rates in the United States. Currently cases in the United States are at the lowest since the pandemic began. This implies the 11.5 to 55.8 greater risk factors are likely underestimates.