[ExI] Rare Jeff Bezos interview with his bizarre prediction for the future | 60 Minutes Australia

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 03:19:42 UTC 2021

A fun presentation from wayyyy back in 2000, where Australian 60 Minutes
discusses our possible futures... Jeff Bezos looked so young and not evil!
Lol  ;  )

"For its first programme of the new century, 60 Minutes takes viewers on an
astounding journey into the future. The guides will include sci-fi
visionary, Arthur C. Clarke, Internet guru Jeff Bezos, President of the
United States Bill Clinton, NSW Premier Bob Carr, author and futurist Dr
Karl Kruszelnicki, NASA’s chief scientist Dennis Bushnell and business
forecaster Phil Ruthven. With their help, 60 Minutes leaps into a world of
150 year-olds with the faces and bodies of 25-year-olds, into a world where
bodies grow their own spare parts, where space becomes a desirable address,
where planes seat 800 people and fly Sydney to London at twice the speed of
sound while family cars sprout wings too. We hear predictions of beds that
will calculate how long we need to sleep, of fridges that order our
groceries and our looming battle to stave off environmental disaster"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfC_ICITCmc