[ExI] Preference for video over text?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:55:35 UTC 2021

 On 06/06/2021 17:49, SR Ballard wrote:
> Why do so many people have a preference for video over text? Is it slow
reading speed, laziness?

> I can read much faster than a video can present, I can scan the text, I
can easily copy-paste quotes from text. I don’t have to fight with accents
and poor pronunciation.

> Is it due to my “learning style” that I have a preference for text?
And/or why does it seem like everyone prefers video to text?

> SR Ballard

I was thinking about this very subject the other day, as I was yet again
perusing Youtube. It occurred to me that for many topics, a text article
would be faster to absorb, with information easier to find, than a video.

I suppose video comes with a certain amount of "entertainment factor" that
people, including me, like.

John

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 6:00 AM Sherry Knepper via extropy-chat <