[ExI] dementia

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 13 22:36:22 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

>…Do we really want that?  People like me?

Ja Billw, we really want that.  People like you.

>…I have been retired now for 24 years and have contributed basically nothing to society…

On the contrary sir, very much on the contrary..

>…Do we really want a lot of elderly people who live 50, 60 years beyond retirement?  bill w

We do.  One errs in believing our real contribution to society is in the years in which society paid us for those contributions.  During those years however, we are far too busy contributing to society to contribute to society.

May our young people come to understand what I meant with that comment.