[ExI] The Magpie Whisperer

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 22 13:48:29 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] The Magpie Whisperer

Woman Gives Toys to a Wild Magpie — and He Invites His Friends Over to
Play   5 min. video

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSbDcks_uA>

Danielle had just moved into her new home when all of a sudden, a wild magpie landed at her feet. He would follow her around and sit on her knee. Then, he brought his son over. Before long, 25 teenage magpies were playing in her yard!

Really intelligent birds!  :)

BillK

Cool, thanks BillK!

We have ravens around here which do things like this: find a person they perceive as sympathetic and hang around in their yard.  They somehow perceive things like that.  They fight and play too, more than any mammal species I know other than humans.