[ExI] Humans might be making genetic evolution obsolete

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:25:30 UTC 2021

It's been tried many times:  communism - no personal property  How many
times has it failed?  Every time . This is a cultural thing of course, but
something tells me that genes are playing a limiting, restraining role
here.  Not everything can be learned.  Not all cultures will fit human
genes.  Probably true of magpies as well. Genetics probably is playing a
role in the magpie's behavior.  How would we know?  Check magpies from
other locales and look for similarity.  Nature/Nurture - always
interactions.

 the appearance of human culture represents a key evolutionary milestone.

Just when are they talking about?  How many millions of years ago?  Humans
have always had a culture, and so did the creatures that became humans.
All it requires is the ability to learn more than very simple things.  bill

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <