[ExI] The Magpie Whisperer

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:34:35 UTC 2021

I once saw a machine in which was a chicken.  You played tic tac toe
against it.  The board for the chicken was hidden.  You made a choice and
then the chicken did, getting a treat, and so on.  The chicken never lost.
I managed to get a view of part of the chicken's board, and when the
customer made a choice a square lighted up, cueing the chicken's choice.
So a circuit made the choice, not the chicken, of which little
intelligence was required.  Never caught on, I suppose, though people did
play it, for the novelty I reckon.  Surely a more intelligent game could be
invented for crows.    bill w

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:40 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <