[ExI] miracles

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 08:58:06 UTC 2021

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 01:52, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Both of these have a kind of XKCD-ness to them, but Randall Monroe didn’t
> draw them.  Clearly he is influential.
>

> spike

Quote:
We take more photos now than ever before. Growth in this segment is
explosive, with over 1.4 trillion photos taken last year, according to
InfoTrends. That's up from 1 trillion in 2017. Video is much the same, with
YouTube saying in recent years
<https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/with-over-1-billion-users-heres-how-youtube-is-keeping-pace-with-change.html>
that
about 500 hours of video are uploaded to the platform *every minute*.

And STILL no decent photos of UFO spaceships or aliens waving 'Hi folks!'.
Oh well, maybe the aliens aren't going to land and solve all our problems
for us.

BillK