[ExI] SF books taught in college classes

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 4 18:09:20 UTC 2021

On 2021-3-04 09:09, Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat wrote:
> There are a bunch of click languages — most in Africa (Khoisan family,
> I think) and a few outside (mainly in Australia, so probably going
> extinct if not already extinct)...

This seems so tragic.  But no worries, I have a plan.

Think of western-style advertising: all those words, yaaaaakity yak and blaaaa bla blaaaa, words words words, nothing at all in click languages.

No Problem.  We sneak in there, make a bunch of recordings of the click languages.  Then we create an attractive robot and have her make the sounds we recorded.  Since male and female would click in the same pitch range, they fall for it bigtime.  The men would come, buy our stuff, a wide-open market would be no longer tragically under-exploited, we make a buttload.  .  We could do it all with an attractive robot.  Call her Click Bait.