[ExI] dr suess

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 5 13:51:58 UTC 2021

Perhaps you have heard that Dr. Seuss is the next one in the crosshairs of
cancel culture.  Personal insight on that: in 2014 our local superintendent
was going around to the elementary schools for Dr. Seuss day, doing readings
and such.  He chose "If I Ran the Zoo."  In that book, he encountered the
comment ".as helpers who all wear their eyes at a slant."

Oops.

The superintendent wasn't aware that was in there, nor were we.  Most of the
students in that school are Asian.  The Superintendent = Cary Matsuoka.