[ExI] dr suess

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 5 15:53:06 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] dr suess

>… the Japanese have very high opinions of themselves - warranted mostly, I think…

Interesting observation, one which the evolutionary psychology crowd will likely study.  Genetically the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese are similar enough that we can mostly dismiss the notion that genetic differences explain the differences in their people.  We are left with a starting assumption that culture must explain the differences.  Japan had a lot of contact with the rest of the world and a lot of cultural interchange.  China was more isolated.  I don’t know if there is more to it than that.