[ExI] 30 Solutions to the Fermi Paradox

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:55:52 UTC 2021

On Mar 17, 2021, at 5:58 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> BillK, the real paradox isn't so much that no civilization appears to have colonized the galaxy,

Maybe the real paradox is the friends we’ve made along the way. ;)

> but rather that there is an absence of radio signals.  I think I understand why no one has managed to cross the enormous gulf between stars: it is just too dang far for actual life forms to traverse, even at the dense core of the galaxy.  But I am still astonished there are no signals
> .

Fermi might’ve asked why aren’t they (ETI) here, but I think the speculation and research since has been on there being broadly no signs of them — radio, ET landing in the village green, or visible signs of macroengineering.

Regards,

Dan