[ExI] herd immunity?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:48:34 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 2:11 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> On Mar 18, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Dave Sill via extropy-chat <
> > So of course the media rejects uncomfortable truths.
> >
> > Once covid went pandemic, control measures (masks, lockdowns, etc.) were
> only able to slow it, not stop it.
>
> But wasn’t slowing it the plan, so that the burden on healthcare systems
> would be drastically lightened and there’d be time to come up vaccines and
> other therapies?

Whose plan? Governments? I'd like to think so, but I've seen too much in my
years to think they do anything just because it's the right thing to do.
Epidemiologists pushed for such measures for that reason. Unfortunately, a
lot of people didn't get that message or understand it. And then, once we
were over the hump and those controls could be relaxed, they weren't, in
most places.

-Dave