[ExI] so what's with the weird collars?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 19 04:28:23 UTC 2021

This was published in Feb 1997, their view of 24 years into the future:

They didn't get the flat screen monitor, nor did they guess that high
quality cameras would be the size of a pea and cost 3 bucks.

The whole body spandex notion is cool, but we didn't get that.  Perhaps it
is for the best in most cases.  It isn't clear we really want to know
exactly how everyone is shaped.

The whole round collar business is common in future vision, but I have never
seen it or understood why anyone would want to make their head appear to be
on a dinner plate.

It did make me stop and think.  Students are required to have their cameras
on during class, even if they only have the top of their heads showing.