[ExI] so what's with the weird collars?

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Fri Mar 19 16:56:56 UTC 2021

On 2021-3-19 07:32, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> Eventually it will occur to the fashionistas that since some people
> can really rock the spandex, they can make a spandex jumpsuit and
> some athletic young beauties will rock the top half as well.

There was a time in (my) hi-skool when some of the girls wore leotard
and jeans, so there's the complement?

I often (especially while waiting for sleep) think about Upload life.
If you live in a simulation, and can control your appearance
arbitrarily, what conventions arise?  I imagine there's a setting where
"superhero skins" are customary, each unique.

And that, coupled with an older interest of mine, raises the question of
the most natural way to wrap a coat-of-arms around a body.  (I think
«Understanding Comics» contains the observation that superhero costumes
are quasi heraldic, because they have the same function of quick
recognition in often confusing settings.)

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org