[ExI] covid cases worldwide going back up

Ben ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Mar 22 15:17:05 UTC 2021

On 22/03/2021 11:10, Dave Sill wrote:
> I take it these are infections, assuming zero false-positives, not
> people who are actually sick and requiring hospitalization. If so, so
> cares? What matters is the latter: serious illnesses and deaths. We're
> told the vaccines are 90+% effective at preventing infections but near
> 100% effective at preventing serious illness.

I think that increasing infection rates are what we should expect, as
vaccine take-up increases. People will be more confident, get out more,
mix more, and transmit the
(no-longer-dangerous-to-those-who-are-vaccinated) virus more, assuming
you can still catch & transmit it after being vaccinated. And assuming
nobody is silly enough to be doing antibody testing anymore (for which
anyone who's vaccinated should test positive, as the whole point of the
vaccine is to stimulate antibody production).

There should be a soaring infection rate, and a plunging sickness and
death rate, as everyone gets vaccinated, and becomes immune to the
virus, so stops worrying about catching it.

Eventually (soon, I hope), only the anti-vaxxers will be getting sick
from it. And those who can't, for whatever reason, have the vaccine.

--
Ben Zaiboc