[ExI] favor for a friend

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:59:31 UTC 2021

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 17:47, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> On that front, I'm far more concerned about AI-enabled evil humans than an evil AI.  There is ample evidence to show that humans can supply pure, refined evil.
>
> Imagine a servant AI that can do any well-enough-defined task almost instantly, so long as it's only dealing with pure information that it has access to.  Now imagine an evil - genocidal, perhaps - human who gets very proficient about imagining and defining such tasks, including having the AI research and find what information it can access.  This possibility isi much closer than an AI that is evil in and of itself, no?

Starting with US, Russia and China adding AI to their deadly weapons
so that the weapon can decide to kill without human intervention.
It has to be done that way because waiting for human decision would
be too slow - hundreds of times too slow.

BillK