[ExI] things to buy

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:31:53 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 4:39 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> I had Myst once but never used it.  I loved Pong for a brief diversion.  I
> am sure that there are games well beyond the shoot-em-up ones, but I have
> no idea what they are like.  In any case, I would feel that I am taking
> time away from reading.

I was thinking more along the lines of virtual travel, but there are lots
of things you can do with a VR platform besides games.

> Got an email to Spike to explain bitcoin.  At 79 I don't think I would
> make a lot of money from it, but I dunno.

Bitcoin has gone from 6700 to 53000 in the past year. The bottom could drop
out tomorrow, but, if you've got 2500 to burn, that wouldn't be a horrible
thing to do with it.

  Hate both heat and cold (might tax my heart).

You could ask your doctor, but if you don't like it, you don't like it.
There's evidence that it's cardio beneficial.

>   Drones might interest me for ten minutes - no more.

Have you never tried something new and been surprised by it? The tech
itself isn't that interesting to me, but being able to fly, in a sense,
would be pretty freaking cool. Exploring natural sites like waterfalls and
cliffs would be neat, as would abandoned buildings.

>   Yes, I have always been hard to please.

I wasn't so much trying to please you as answer your question. :-)

-Dave