[ExI] things to buy

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:41:07 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:21 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> So if you watch VR on headsets you have to have two copies of the program
> for both to watch at the same time?  I really want a shared experience with
> my wife.

I doubt that. It may be possible to slave one headset to another, so
someone can ride along. I'm not a VR expert, unfortunately.

Here's a list of some non-game VR apps:

https://www.lifewire.com/virtual-reality-tourism-4129394

A lot of these are free, none more than $10.

This quote from Forbes is appropriate:

“If at this point you still think VR is a gimmick, or a fad, it’s either
because you haven’t tried it at all, or you haven’t tried the right
experience. Screenshots can’t do this justice. Video can’t do this justice.
My words, no matter how descriptive and colorful and emotional I make them,
can’t do this justice.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/03/16/the-everest-vr-experience-on-htc-vive-is-so-terrifying-i-couldnt-finish-it/?sh=4130d51a14ec

-Dave